99 Spring Break Day Trips from Maryland
By Katy Myers
Spring Break is around the corner and if you're hanging out here at home for the week, we want to keep you BUSY! There's tons of adventure to be found within two hours of Anne Arundel County so get out there and find it! Wondering where you can find fun day trips in Maryland? We've got you!
We have put together a list of 99 Day Trips from Anne Arundel County to help you to entertain your family! We encourage you to get out and explore our beautiful state and beyond. From beaches to museums to state parks to family fun centers, you can surely have some fun and make great memories! **If you've checked out this list before - check again - we've added some cool new spots!
To stay in the know, sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter HERE! Each week, you will receive fresh new ideas of family-friendly events in and around Anne Arundel County.
Life is a Beach
1. Assateague Island 2. Ocean City
Day at the Museum 3. Maryland Science Center* 4. Rose Hill Manor Park & Children’s Museum 5. National Children’s Museum 6. Chesapeake Children’s Museum
7. Port Discovery Children’s Museum 8. National Aquarium 9. Fire Museum of Maryland 10. NASA Goddard Space Flight Center 11. Be With Me Playseum 12. Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum 13. Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum and Sports Legend Museum* 14. B&O Railroad Museum
Favorite Cities to Explore 15. Smith Island 16. Baltimore 17. Annapolis 18. Havre de Grace 19. Ocean City
Indoor Water Parks 20. North Arundel Aquatic Center 21. Caribbean Key Indoor Pool 22. Columbia Swim Center
Planes, Trains and Automobiles 23. College Park Aviation Museum 24. Roads and Rails Museum 25. B&O Railroad Museum 26. Brunswick Railroad Museum 27. Western Maryland Scenic Railroad 28. National Capital Trolley Museum Boats and Maritime 29. Baltimore Inner Harbor 30. National Harbor 31. Calvert Marine Museum 32. Annapolis Maritime Museum 33. Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
Visit the Animals 34. Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge 35. Plumpton Park Zoo 36. Salisbury Zoological Park 37. Maryland Zoo 38. Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo 39. Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge 40. Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary and Visitor's Center 41. Green Meadows Petting Farm
Theme Parks 42. Six Flags America 43. Adventure Park USA
Get Outdoors! 44. Brookside Gardens 45. The Adventure Park at Sandy Spring Friends School 46. Robinson Nature Center 47. Cabin John Regional Park 48. Wheaton Regional Park 49. Patterson Park 50. Catoctin Mountain 51. Irvine Nature Center 52. Glen Echo Park 53. Oregon Ridge Nature Center 54. Adkins Arboretum
Down on the Farm 56. Clark's Elioak Farm 57. Kinder Farm Park 58. Larriland Farm 59. Hybridoma Organic Fruit Farm 60. Summers Farm 61. Holly Ridge Farm 62. Weber’s Cider Mill Farm 63. Baugher’s Farm
Take Me Out to the Ball Game - did you know that you can tour stadiums? Hit up locker rooms, suites, and even the field for a behind-the-scenes peak!
64. Baltimore Orioles 65. Baltimore Ravens 66. Baltimore Blast 67. Bowie Baysox 68. Delmarva Shorebirds 69. Frederick Keys 70. Hagerstown Suns 71. Aberdeen Ironbirds
Take a Hike: Cliffs, Canyons & Waterfalls 72. Billy Goat Trail 73. Cascade Falls 74. Cunningham Falls 75. Kolgore Falls 76. Great Falls
Take a Trip Back in Time 77. Fort McHenry 78. Maryland State House 79. Antietam National Battlefield 80. William Paca House and Garden 81. Historic Ships of Baltimore 82. Star Spangled Banner Flag House
83. Dutch Wonderland (Specials going on for April!)
84. Hershey Park & Chocolate World
85. Carlisle Sports Emporium (this place is a BLAST Laser Tag, Go Karts, Arcade, and more!!)
86. Turkey Hill Experience (who doesn't love ice cream???)
87. Strasburg Rail Road 88. Railroad Museum of PA 89. Gettysburg National Military Park
90. Go N Bananas Family Fun Center (this is a BLAST! Ropes course, arcade, climbing area, and more!) 91. National Zoo
92. Smithsonian Museums 93. Trolley Tours Washington, DC 94. Museum of Illusions, DC 95. US Botanic Garden 96. Arlington National Cemetery 97. Children's Science Center Lab 98. Mount Vernon 99. Harpers Ferry, WV
Share the love and forward this newsletter to a friend, share it in a Facebook group, or tell your child's school about our free resource! Arundel Kids is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on family fun and information in Anne Arundel County, MD. We work hard to gather all kinds of local family events and activities each week and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. Like what you see here and want to get all the fun delivered to your inbox weekly? Subscribe to our FREE weekly e-newsletter for 411 on the local family fun!